More times then I can count I've seen business owners stop their marketing once they start getting clients.
It seems like the right thing to do, you don't need clients so why bother doing the marketing for more?
But that couldn't be further than the truth.
Under no circumstances as long as you are in business should you ever stop your marketing. Never.
Because here's what happens when you do. When you stop marketing, the client well runs dry. And when the client well runs dry you have to do the work again to attract more clients. And when you're under pressure to get clients, the more desperate you look, sound and feel.
And what happens when you're speaking to a potential client and they hear the desperation in your voice? They're so turned off by your desperation that they won't buy.
Have you ever been in that situation before? Trying desperately to close a client but no matter what you do you can't? It's a horrible feeling isn't it?
So what's the answer? Stay in control of your marketing so you don't let the well run dry.
Here are several things you can do if you're nearing the end of working with your current clients and don't have any new ones on the horizon:
- Re-enroll existing clients
- Offer something to past clients to provide additional support
- Contact colleagues and ask for referrals
- Let your friends and family know you've got space for new clients
- Host a webinar or teleseminar and invite your mailing list to attend
- Host a workshop and deliver your signature talk live
- Email your mailing list and invite them to a sales conversation with you
- Create a sponsored post Facebook Ad offering sales conversations with you
- Make a list of all the ways you can quickly generate money in your business
- Act on the fastest ones to help you attract clients
And last but not least don't be modest and pretend everything is okay. The reason I believe we all need business coaches is because you will avoid situations like this if you have someone who can develop a plan to keep your pipeline full.
Now it's your turn. What would you do if your client well was drying up? How would you handle it?
Want to avoid having your practice dry up? Let's put together a customized marketing strategy to make sure it never does again. Click here to learn more about my Intensives and Expansion Coaching Programs.