15 minutes? How can you possibly give a great presentation in that short amount of time?
Short answer, you can!
Because I think that any chance you can get your message out to more people is a great opportunity, even a short speaking spot is something not to pass on.
While most coaches focus on designing a long presentation and a short elevator speech, they're neglecting the smaller speaking opportunities that can be equally as valuable and profitable.
Today I'd like to provide a few tips to help you structure a shorter presentation.
Keep in mind, you're always designing your presentations so that they're accomplishing two things:
- Attracting your ideal client
- Speaking to a desire your ideal client has or a challenge they want to overcome
Once you know who you're speaking to and what you're going to share insight about, then you've then got to make sure that your signature talk is designed in a way that gets them to:
- Feel that you're speaking directly to them (and their issue)
- Allows you to connect with them to develop like, know and trust
- Provides compelling content – value
- Makes an offer so that they can talk with you further about working together
How do you accomplish that in just 15 minutes or less? Simple – it's just an overview of what you could talk about for days on end about what you specialize in.
Here's what you should do right now to get started:
Take out a piece of paper and write down the answers to the following:
- What topic will I speak about?
- What challenge or desire and am I speaking to when I do?
- What is at least one thing they need to know about this topic?
- What invitation can I offer them to help them get further support?
If that's all you cover in your talk, then you just know that this is simply a preview of what else they can be learning from you. So give them something valuable to think about and then an opportunity to keep learning from you and that brief talk can go a long way.
Want an example of what to give to give? How about your free offer, aka your lead magnet?
No matter if I'm speaking on a live or virtual stage, I give away a free offer. Here's one that I give when I'm speaking about speaking:
Get my FREE Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide and start generating more leads. Get it here.
Already have my guide? Then here are two additional ways I can help you with growing your coaching or client-based business:
- Join the Midlife CEO Facebook Community for more insights and business support to grow your business at midlife.
- I work with coaches and client-based business owners helping them scale their business to 6 and 7-figures. Now sure how to achieve that for yourself right now? Learn more about how I can support you here.