Do You Have Website Envy? 7 Ways to WOW with Your Website
June 14, 2012
It’s crowded out there isn’t it? I’m talking the internet and websites. Did you know that it takes roughly seven seconds from the time
someone lands on your website before they decide if they want to stick around and explore what you have to offer? That means if they decide that quickly then you need to WOW them from the start.
What’s it going to take for you to WOW and stand out? Don’t be envious of all those who look like they have amazing businesses and websites, you can too! Keep reading to find out what the elements are to having a website that WOWs!
- Visually Appealing: Many people are quite visual and will be turned off if what they see doesn’t appeal to them. You may be just the right person to solve their problems but if they can’t get over the look of your site they won’t stick around. Create a site that’s your brand but make sure that the colors aren’t too bold, the font is to bright or too small to read.
- Fabulous Free Offer: we all know that most people won’t give their email away without getting something in return. Provide a fabulous free offer for them to get value from you and you to receive permission to contact and communicate with them. The best place to put your offer is on the right side of your header or the top right side of your home page. Having it in the header will allow it to show up on every page of your website so no matter which page they enter from they’ll be able to opt in to your offer.
- Attention Grabbing Questions: on your homepage of your website ask your readers several specific questions that may be plaguing them. For example: “Are you struggling to figure out how to market your business so you can get more clients and make more money?”. If this happens to be someone in that situation they’ll say “YES” in their head and keep on reading.
- Use “YOU” vs. “I”: many people make the mistake of writing from their perspective vs. writing from the client’s perspective. Make your copy about them and limit the use of “I” and “me” to your About page on your website.
- Make it Easy to Navigate: if you have multiple pages on your website as well as some that are hidden, you’ll want to make sure that your readers can easily navigate from one page to the next. Use graphics to tell them where to go and what to do.
- BlogSite: Most people use WordPress.org as their website and like it because it has a built in blog. I recommend it to my clients because it’s easy to use and can be customized. But if you do have a blog you really should use it. One turnoff is when someone posts infrequently or not at all. Regularity will build trust and show that you’re not just a part time business owner who doesn’t have time to build your business.
- Use Video: A great way for people to get to know you better is to have a video on your home or landing page of your website. You can make a professional one or do one yourself quite easily. Just make it less than 2 minutes so that you don’t lose their attention before you’ve delivered your message. You can make it a brief introduction and let them know how they can subscribe to your Fabulous Free Offer.
Take a look at your site and see if it needs some enhancements based on some of my tips above. Some of the changes you may be able to make on your own and others you may need to hire someone to do. Don’t be stingy on your site, to be considered a professional you must have a professional looking site. This doesn’t mean that you need to spend extreme amounts of money. Get quotes and talk to people to find out how they can make the enhancements you need at an affordable rate.
Is your website packing a punch or do you think it needs some work? How do you feel about managing and maintaining it? Do you handle most of it on your own or outsource to an expert?
I’m Jeannie Spiro, business coach and strategist for woman coaches and service-providers. Want to make more money in your business? Here’s how I can help.
Download the Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide
Discover how to get your most ideal leads from speaking
Want to make more money in your business?
- Here’s how I can help -
Monetize the Stage™: The Signature Talk Lead Generation Program
Attract more clients, fill your funnel and get more ideal clients to your Discovery Calls so you can sell your coaching programs and offers in this private coaching program that includes modules, templates and guides.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want to use speaking to attract ideal clients through live and virtual stages.
Revenue Makers Mastermind The Money Multiplying & Business Scaling Program
This 12-month program helps you create recurring revenue business models, transformational offers, a one-to-many marketing system and simplified sales systems to monetize and scale your business and break into multiple 6 figures and beyond.
Ideal for growing and advancing online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want a streamlined approach to attract, convert and scale.
Sales Strategy with Jeannie: 90-Day Private Sales Accelerator Program
Work with Jeannie in her private 90 day coaching program to design or refine your next offer, develop your speaking funnel and sales system to sell and fill your your offer, coaching program or mastermind with ease.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want private coaching to help you launch, sell and enroll clients into your next offer.