Have you ever created a coaching or service based offer or program and believe that it's the absolute best offering that your clients need, only to discover that you can't sell it?
You may think you need to start from scratch. Or maybe that what you're offering isn't ever going to sell.
Think again. Don't automatically assume that what you've created doesn't have legs. Change your thinking on this. It's possible that your offer just needs to be modified.
A few years ago I experienced myself and had I not worked out the kinks in several of my programs, I wouldn't have the business I have today.
The first time it happened I created a course with a colleague and we worked on it for months. When we went to sell it no one bought it. So guess what we did? Yup…we gave up on it and moved on to other things.
The next time it happened I created a group program that I thought would sell. After months of working on it, it happened again – no sales, no new clients and months of time wasted.
So how do you avoid that?
In today's video I'm going to share what will help your ideal client buy your offer.
Here's what I want you to do if you have an offer that's not converting:
- Don't give up on it. If you created it based on a result or transformation you've had or provided to someone else, then you know it's going to create results. It's likely that you need to modify the offer, not throw it out entirely.
- Validate your offer. Make sure that what you've created is in fact desirable and something that someone will buy.
- Do the “Credit Card” test. A great way to know if what you've created is to ask your ideal clients this basic question, “Will you slap down your credit card right now to purchase this program?” And if they won't…
- Ask. Ask your ideal client “What will make this offer pass the “credit card” test and if not, what do I need to add, delete or modify to make it so that you will?”
Now here's what you need to consider:
- Ask ideal clients only. Don't ask friends or business friends. They'll tell you what they think you want to hear. You need real answers from potential clients.
- Ask if you can interview potential clients and record the call. This way you won't miss anything they say AND you can read their body language. You've got to hear and see that they're really interested.
Okay….so if you've got an offer in the form of a course, 1:1 or group program that you've created and it's barely selling. Follow the steps above to make the changes you need to make. And remember, the more transformational and results based your offers are – the closer you'll be to your next “YES!”
Now go ahead and let me know in the comments below. Has this ever happened to you? Are you dealing with it right now? What do you think you now need to do to get it selling?
PS: And if you’re wondering how you can get additional support to grow and monetize your business. Here are several options to choose from:
- Get my FREE Guide…The Roadmap to An Abundance of Clients. Get it here.
- Join the FREE Profitable Coaching Business FB Group and get daily insight to help your coaching business grow.
- Join the Revenue Makers Mastermind and create a purpose-driven business…it’s my coaching program helping you attract, convert and monetize your business to 6 figures. Schedule a Conversation.
- Work with me privately to achieve your 6 figure business. Complete the questionnaire and schedule a conversation to learn more.