Have you been wondering why you're having a hard time getting potential clients to buy your programs?
There's likely one thing you're NOT doing that's keeping them from saying “Yes” to working with you.
Today I want to help you make this one little tweak in your programs so that the next time you have a sales conversation you're more likely to get a “Yes!”.
First let's talk about what makes someone want to buy. Plain and simple, people are buying something because they either want to:
- Resolve a problem, or
- Achieve a goal
Let me explain the difference…
Resolving a problem might be that your ideal client has a particular issue that's causing them pain. Whereas achieving a goal might be something they wish to attain or achieve.
For example – a pain point or problem might be, “I don't have enough clients” vs. achieving a goal might look like, “I want to learn how to run my first marathon.”
Now here's the thing I see happen with most programs, they're often lacking one main design factor – they're NOT outcome and process oriented.
Here's what I mean – most people will invest in a program when they can see that there's a process to help them achieve or reach their desired outcome. When they don't see a process or that the program helps achieve the outcome they're seeking, they're less likely to buy.
Think about it, if you want to learn how to run a marathon, aren't you more likely to invest in a program that teaches you a step-by-step process to help you learn to do so?
And if you're told, “I have a step by step process that will teach you exactly how to train for your first marathon”, aren't you more likely to invest in that then let's say – “I'm going to teach you how to run”?
One is very specific and has an outcome. The other still has an outcome but it's less specific to what you may desire.
So if most of us like to purchase based on specificity, why not create your own coaching or service based programs to show that you have a process or method that helps someone reach a certain outcome?
This is a very simple concept, but often overlooked.
So today I want you to take a look at your programs and ask yourself:
- On my sales conversations am I clearly explaining that I have a process that can support a desired outcome?
- Do my program materials include copy that reflects that I have a process or method to reach the outcome they desire?
- What do I need to change in my marketing to show that my programs are outcome driven?
One of the things we work on in the Revenue Makers Mastermind is creating transformational programs that sell. Once you learn how to do this, how to market and sell them, you'll start seeing your conversions increase.
Are your programs designed to sell? Are they selling? Let me know in the comments below thoughts, comments or questions. I'd love to hear.
PS: And if you’re wondering how you can get additional support for your business growth. Here are several options below:
- Grab a copy of my free roadmap…want a Signature Talk that helps you attract more clients? You’ll need a roadmap! Get it here.
- Join the Revenue Makers Mastermind and create a purpose-driven business…it’s my coaching program helping you attract, convert and monetize your business to 6 figures. Schedule a Conversation.
- Work with me privately to achieve your 6 figure business. Complete the questionnaire and schedule a conversation to learn more.