It’s been over 10 years since I started my coaching business and without hesitation I can say that every year it’s gotten harder and harder to battle the bulge.
Was it too much to grow a business at midlife?
I often wondered if I was taking too much on.
Like most business owners I know, growing a business sometimes takes a toll on other areas of your life.
I found that to be true the more my business grew and discovered it harder to manage my weight, time and energy.
Every year that passed, I gained more and more weight. The funny thing was that I kept reaching new wonderful business milestones along the way.
Hosting annual events allowed me to keep my weight in check, but every year the scale kept tracking higher numbers.
Was it my stage of life? My stage of business? The stress of running a business? All of it?
When I looked around, I started noticing other business owners dealing with some of the same issues. The more their business grew, the more weight they gained.
After months of piling on the pounds and barely moving between coaching sessions, in November of 2020 I finally decided to do something about it.
This episode covers how I went from sedentary and uncomfortable in my body, to feeling healthier, stronger and more energized than I have in years.
I finally got to the point where I knew I needed to make the changes in my business and overall wellness and that’s what this episode is about.
What I discovered was:
- What was leading to my weight gain and energy loss
- How business success was a part of the problem
- What to do to release the weight, gain the energy and design my business in a way that serves me and my life best
This episode breaks it all down.
If you're finding yourself in midlife, running a business and not feeling your absolute best – I hope you'll tune in.
Listen to the Midlife CEO Podcast by clicking the play button on the audio player below.
Links mentioned in this episode:
(Note: This episode and the links referenced within and on this page are not intended to be or constitute medical, fitness or professional advice).
Stay the course!
PS: If you'd like support with growing your coaching or client-based business, here are several ways I can help:
- Need more leads? Grab The Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide. Click here.
- Join the Midlife CEO Facebook Community and connect with other midlife women coaches scaling too. Click here.
- Work with me and my team to scale your coaching or client-based business to 6 or 7-figures. Click here.