Many coaches, consultants and service-based entrepreneurs started their business to generate money while doing something they love. Yet statistics tell us that about eight out of ten of them will fail within the first eighteen months. Scary, I know. The good news: That doesn’t have to be your story. You can join the 20% that successfully monetizes their business.
But how? There are so many moving parts to establishing a strong foothold in the business world. Bringing business up to speed so that you can make the money you desire and deserve is one of the greatest challenges my clients face when we first meet. That’s why I focus on the most effective marketing approach to reach the people you most want to serve:
To zero in on how to Talk and Profit, there are several key steps to success:
- Refine your niche and clarify your marketing message
- Craft offers, services and programs that clients can’t resist
- Develop a Signature System to monetize this
- Master online and social media marketing
- Create a Magnetic Signature Talk to attract more leads and clients
- Master selling to convert leads to clients
- Learn to use teleseminars and webinars
- Get on and offline speaking gigs
- And, ultimately, host your own events and workshops!
Wa-la! Ready-made business, right? Not so fast. Without a business strategy that includes proper pricing, packaging, and promotion, this is a framework without a strong foundation. In simple terms, we can all do the math on:
- How much profit we want in our business
- How many clients we want/need to get there
- How much of our time will be spent on actual client work
- And how we need to price that time to reach our income goal.
But at the root of all this is an insidious (and often unrecognized) relationship with money.
Our personal relationship with money has the power to ground our business firmly or to strangle our ability to make the money we deserve. How we value ourselves and our work factors into how we price our packages and set our rates. How we’ve witnessed and experienced others’ relationship with money (often our parents) can predispose us in ways that go unnoticed. At some point, we begin to feel that we are working so hard doing all the “right” things and yet, we aren’t making enough money.
We begin to think that maybe we don’t have what it takes.
“Other people seem to be making it in this entrepreneurial world; maybe I just don’t have it.”
“Why is it taking so long to make enough money? It feels like it’s never going to happen.”
“Perhaps I’m unworthy.”
You may recognize this voice. It lived in my head until I brought it out into the light and discovered, uncovered and released the messages about money I was telling myself for years. You can do this, too. I continue to work on mine. Mindset work is a process.
If you have a money mindset that includes things like money trauma, scarcity thinking, money shame, and downright fear, you are not alone. Much of our current experience with money is predicated on messages from our past. The good news is that when these old messages show up in the present, we can address them and release them with the proper support and tools.
I’ve used, and continue to use today, several techniques to reset my money mindset to positive messaging and energy that attracts the business lifestyle and income I desire. I want to share these techniques with you, and you may want to add to the list:
- Talking. (Of course!—I am a Speaking Strategist, after all.) But, seriously, talking openly about money and sharing thoughts, concerns, fears, and celebrations is a start to opening the lines of communication about money.
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or Tapping. Tapping is a form of psychological acupressure used to treat physical and emotional ailments. It involves gentle, rhythmic tapping on meridian points of the body. It’s a process that helps you uncover and release internal messages that no longer serve you. You know, our money mindset “baggage.” I've had the absolute pleasure to work with a Money Mindset Coach who specializes in this method, Nicole Lewis-Keeber of www.Nicole.Lewis-Keeber.com. Nicole's specialty is working with entrepreneurs and she's going to be speaking about this technique and how to release some of the money baggage at my upcoming live event, Talk & Profit LIVE!
- Reading. There are a lot of books out there on money mindset that can help identify messages and blocks and offer strategies and inspiration to address them. One of my personal favorites is T. Harv Eker’s Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.
I’m sure you can add to this list, too. As business owners wanting to reach more people and make more money, we need to explore the power of our own money mindset so that we can harness that power and direct it to value ourselves, attract more clients, and get paid what we deserve.
This is what I’ve wanted. It’s what I want for my clients. And it’s what I want for you, too.
Mastering your money mindset while growing your business is essential. I used to think I didn't need to work on my mindset, that is until I bumped right into money blocks that were keeping me from reaching the next level of my business.
If you're an entrepreneur – you need to work on your mindset. No questions, just do it.
Join me at Talk & Profit LIVE! where you'll discover how to tackle this for your business while I also teach you how to build your coaching, consulting, or service-based business to attract all the clients you need and all the money you desire, I hope you will contact me here (or consider joining me on October 5-7 for my 3 day Talk &Profit LIVE Event. Click here to reserve your seat TODAY!