Live Events: How They Can Change The Direction of Your Business – Part 1
September 5, 2013
Can you think of anything worse than getting out from behind the comfort of your cozy and safe computer and going to a live event?
Hey, I totally get it – it’s so much easier to stay hide behind it, isn’t it?
But I’m here to tell you (even though I can’t recommend internet marketing enough), that in order to grow your business you need to blend online with offline marketing and what better way to do that than to get to a live event.
Live events are phenomenal for business growth whether you’re a guest, speaker or host.
Each have their benefits and in this series I’d like to break all of them down and show you how they’re great for business.
We’ll start the series off with how they’re beneficial as an attendee and how to choose which events to attend.
What you get when you attend:
- Ah-mazing Content!!!! – when you attend an event you get the opportunity to learn great content in a captive space. This is especially great if the learning style you like best is live and interactive
- Answered: Your Burning Questions – I don’t know about you, but I love being able to ask my questions and have an opportunity to engage with the speaker. Getting your top questions answered on a subject is a great benefit
- Apply What You Learn – one of the best things about going to live events, especially retreats, workshops and intensives is that you get the time and space to apply what you learn.
- A Plethora of Opportunities – these events are where I network, meet JV and strategic partners, rub elbows with big names in my industry and meet some of my best clients.
- A Great Time – events are where you get to know your colleagues, brainstorm, make friends and relate about what it’s like to be a business owner. Some of my best friends I’ve met at events and I imagine you will too.
With so many events, how do you choose which ones you should attend?
Let me run through how I decide and what I encourage my clients to think about as they decide where they want to spend their time and money:
- Let Content Decide – many times I choose events because the content being taught is exactly what I need to move my life or business forward. If the content is fresh and I like the speaker then I’ll move mountains to attend.
- It’s the Must Attend Event In My Field – do you remember in high school when the most popular kid had a party and all you wanted was to get an invitation? Well, some events are just like that where everyone you need to know is going to attend. Sometimes attending events where the who’s who in your field will be just makes good business sense.
- Size Matters – earlier this year I attended an event with great content that was being offered to a select group. It was more expensive than most I go to but what I got was the opportunity to work with the host and receive nearly 1:1 support.
What do you like about attending live events?
Let me know in the comments on my blog, I’d love to hear!
Oh and don’t forget to check out, The Online Business Intensive Retreat, November 2-3, 2013. Why not let this event be one you attend this year? Learn more here.
Download the Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide
Discover how to get your most ideal leads from speaking
Want to make more money in your business?
- Here’s how I can help -
Attract more clients, fill your funnel and get more ideal clients to your Discovery Calls so you can sell your coaching programs and offers in this private coaching program that includes modules, templates and guides.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want to use speaking to attract ideal clients through live and virtual stages.
This 12-month program helps you create recurring revenue business models, transformational offers, a one-to-many marketing system and simplified sales systems to monetize and scale your business and break into multiple 6 figures and beyond.
Ideal for growing and advancing online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want a streamlined approach to attract, convert and scale.
Work with Jeannie in her private 90 day coaching program to design or refine your next offer, develop your sales system to sell and fill your your offer, coaching program or mastermind with ease.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want private coaching to help you launch, sell and enroll clients into your next offer.