If you're having a hard time getting your groove back or jumpstarted this New Year, this post is for you.
I hear you, it's hard to get revved up again after the holidays.
Everywhere you go you're seeing people talk about their goals, resolutions and set some new intentions. They're so excited and happy and you want to feel like you're there too.
What if you're not?
What if you haven't figured out your marketing plan? What if you don't have a business plan? What if you're not sure how you're going to make money in your business? What if you thought you knew and now you don't?
Here's the thing – DON'T LET EVERYONE ELSE DERAIL YOU.
A quick story…a few years ago when I went to school to get my health coaching certification I started to notice midway through the program that others knew who they were going to work with, what they were going to choose for a niche and knew how they were going to make money in their business.
For whatever reason I couldn't choose my niche or figure out how I was going to monetize my business. So while everyone else around me was excited and moving forward I couldn't get any traction.
I realized one important thing, I was focused on everyone else, not myself.
So here's the thing if you're feeling a little unmotivated as you start the year and you're stressing because everyone else appears to have it all together…
DON'T WORRY ABOUT THEM.
Instead, get clear on your top priorities and ask yourself if the reason you're feeling unmotivated might have anything to do with any of the following:
- Are you not clear about what you need to do?
- Are you clear about what you need to do, but something about your plan just doesn't feel right?
- Are you tired and feeling like you still need more time to ease back in?
- Are you simply just putting unnecessary pressure on yourself?
Really be honest with yourself to uncover what's going on and then do this…
- If you're not clear about what you need to do – speak to someone about the direction of your business and ask them to help you get more clarity.
- If you're clear about what you need to do, but don't feel it's best for your business – choose an alternative move that still helps you accomplish your goals.
- If you're still in holiday recovery mode and aren't ready to go back to work full force, work a few hours a day and be kind to yourself the rest of the time (TLC may be in order right now).
- If you're putting too much pressure on yourself – back off, and be a little kinder to yourself especially right now.
Listen, everyone comes out of the gate the first of the year highly motivated and ready to take action. Entrepreneurship isn't a sprint it's a marathon. Recognize that what you're going through may just be temporary.
Now if your lack of motivation has more to do with lack of clarity, focus and a plan for your business – well…that's where I can help. For a limited time I'm offering Half Day Virtual Retreats to help you create your customized business and marketing plan for the year. To learn more about how to secure one of these opportunities simply complete the questionnaire here and we'll send you all the details so you can decide if this is what you need.
Don't let the lack of motivation keep you down for long – the world needs you!
Now I'd love to hear from you. Are you feeling like you're having a hard time getting yourself in gear? What's coming up for you with possible lack of motivation as you kick off the New Year?