How to Use Twitter to Promote Your Live Events
September 9, 2016
Social media is an insanely powerful tool. What better way is there to create a larger reach to market your business?
Because of it’s effectiveness, it’s also the strategy I rely heavily upon to market my live events. Social media is a powerhouse tool for promoting your workshops, retreats and live events and here’s why.
- You can reach people you might not otherwise be able to connect with
- You can set it and forget it by using tools like Hootsuite or CoSchedule to create posts and tweets for regular promotion
- You can create event buzz and a feeling of fear of missing out…come on, who doesn’t look at party pictures and silently wish they were there?
- It can help you attract sponsors and speakers who might not otherwise know you and your event
- It positions you as an expert. Puts you on the map and allows you to stand out.
Clearly social media is powerful and it’s an absolute given when promoting your workshops, retreats and live events. It’s always part of my event marketing plan and has played a huge part in my upcoming live event, Talk & Profit LIVE!
Today I’d like to take you behind the scenes to show you how I’m using social media to promote my live event and more importantly how you can use it to promote your upcoming workshops, retreats and events.
Using Twitter to Promote Your Live Events
Ah…those 140 characters, #hashtags, Tweets…it’s a unique social media language but as my good friend Donna Cravotta at SocialSagePR.com says, “You can have real conversations with real people when you know how to use the right #hashtags to get found on Twitter.”
To me, Twitter is a necessary part of every event promotion because if you know how to use it, you can reach well beyond just your followers. Here’s how you want to maximize Twitter for promoting your event.
- Go to Twubs to register your event hashtag.
- Create 140 character tweets. Make sure to use link shorteners like bit.ly, include a graphic (you can create free ones using Canva.com and don’t forget to include the event hashtag you created.
- Pin it to the top of your Twitter profile. This way every time someone checks you out on Twitter they’ll see this post first.
- Create at least 10 different tweets to promote your event. Use Hootsuilte.com to create a promote schedule. (But make sure to add in other content so it doesn’t just look like you’re in constant promo mode).
Here’s an example of how my pinned Twitter post looks on my Twitter account. (Click on the image below to see it in action and while you’re there make sure to say hello and follow me):
There are dozens of ways to promote your events on social media. I’ll be talking all about using live events as a way to build your business at my upcoming live event. If you’re looking to learn how to get more clients, make more money and have a more freedom based business – make sure to register for Talk & Profit LIVE! by clicking this link. But don’t wait…there are limited seats left!
Now I’d LOVE to hear from you. Have you considered hosting a workshop, retreat or event? Let me know in the comments below, what would you like to know about marketing or hosting one?
Download the Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide
Discover how to get your most ideal leads from speaking
Want to make more money in your business?
- Here’s how I can help -
Attract more clients, fill your funnel and get more ideal clients to your Discovery Calls so you can sell your coaching programs and offers in this private coaching program that includes modules, templates and guides.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want to use speaking to attract ideal clients through live and virtual stages.
This 12-month program helps you create recurring revenue business models, transformational offers, a one-to-many marketing system and simplified sales systems to monetize and scale your business and break into multiple 6 figures and beyond.
Ideal for growing and advancing online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want a streamlined approach to attract, convert and scale.
Work with Jeannie in her private 90 day coaching program to design or refine your next offer, develop your sales system to sell and fill your your offer, coaching program or mastermind with ease.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want private coaching to help you launch, sell and enroll clients into your next offer.