How to Design a VIP Retreat Your Clients Will Love
December 15, 2016
Often times as I’m helping my clients design their programs and services to support their clients and put together their business model, I will typically suggest adding VIP Retreats to their suite of services.
What’s a VIP Retreat? It’s typically an intense amount of time working in a private or small group setting usually tackling one specific topic or a series of related topics that will help someone get a specific result.
In my business I use VIP Retreats as stand alone offers for clients who want to hire me to help them with any or all of the following:
- Creating a business and marketing plan
- Business Model design
- Signature Talk Design
- Webinar Design and Marketing Strategy
- Workshop Design
Many of my clients also use VIP Retreats in their businesses and have found ways to work on a specific topic or series of topics that their clients are needing support with. Some of the topics they’ve done them in are:
- Blogging Strategy
- Content Marketing Strategy
- Life Purpose Discovery
- Resume Writing
- Online Course Creation
- Event Planning
- Weight Loss
- Money Mindset
And so much more.
Personally I really like offering them, not just because I like spending an expanded amount of time working on a strategy or project, but I really enjoy giving them a memorable experience in an environment that allows them to be creative, think openly and have few distractions.
Here are some guidelines I follow to help my clients have VIP Retreats they’ll love:
- Environment: I like to host mine at a hotel, or event space that makes them feel special. For example, this week I’m meeting 3 of my Private Mastery clients in Pennsylvania (where they all happen to live). I’ve rented a beautiful suite that has a work space, that quite frankly I wish was my home office. I know that when they come they’ll enjoy this space too.
- Snacks & Drinks: When you’re working together for a full day you’re going to want to have refreshments. I always provide nuts, dark chocolate, fruit, seltzer and water. I always buy higher end of all of these things because I like to make sure my clients feel pampered and special when they come to spend the day with me.
- Materials: Typically I like to provide sticky notes, hi-liters, colored pens, notebooks and poster board or note paper for note taking. This way they can draw or map out what we put together for them.
- Gift: Often times I will provide a gift which is usually something that represents my brand. A book I recommend, chocolate or even a journal.
- Lunch: I always think it’s important to either bring in lunch or go out. You can’t have a full day of working without eating so I always make sure we’ve got that covered.
The idea behind creating a special experience for a VIP Retreat client is to make them feel taken care of and feel that they’re spending a day not only getting value in what your work is but in them being relaxed, refreshed and excited about what they learn and can work on or implement in their business or life.
Now I’d love to hear from you. Have you ever hosted a VIP Retreat? What are some ways you pamper your clients? Have you ever been the client in a VIP Retreat? What was one of your most memorable experiences? Let me know in the comments below.
And if you’d like to learn more about how we can work together to design a business that includes VIP Retreats, let’s connect. Simply click here to complete a brief questionnaire and we’ll schedule a time to speak.
Download the Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide
Discover how to get your most ideal leads from speaking
Want to make more money in your business?
- Here’s how I can help -
Attract more clients, fill your funnel and get more ideal clients to your Discovery Calls so you can sell your coaching programs and offers in this private coaching program that includes modules, templates and guides.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want to use speaking to attract ideal clients through live and virtual stages.
This 12-month program helps you create recurring revenue business models, transformational offers, a one-to-many marketing system and simplified sales systems to monetize and scale your business and break into multiple 6 figures and beyond.
Ideal for growing and advancing online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want a streamlined approach to attract, convert and scale.
Work with Jeannie in her private 90 day coaching program to design or refine your next offer, develop your sales system to sell and fill your your offer, coaching program or mastermind with ease.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want private coaching to help you launch, sell and enroll clients into your next offer.