A year ago, in my work to support women coaches and client-based business owners with the expansion of their wealth and leadership, I began questioning if I was doing enough both personally and professionally to be the leader I thought I was.
I always thought I was racially conscious, inclusive, and diverse, but when I started looking at my business and myself as a business owner, I realized that there was so much more work I could be doing.
As I had this awareness, I was struggling to figure out exactly where to start, what to change first, and who could lead me on this journey.
It turned out that I had the perfect woman in my life to guide me. A former client and a dear person who'd been subtly giving me guidance to become a more conscious, inclusive, and diverse leader.
Today I have the genuine pleasure of introducing you to Rev. Dr. Terrlyn L. Curry Avery, Pastologist, Spiritual Leader, Author and Speaker.
Some years ago she attended one of my live events. We worked together for over three years to grow, monetize and scale her business.
In this special interview we talk about:
- How and why she decided to invest in her business (during a time it may have felt risky to do so).
- How she grew and monetized her business (and what clicked when she made certain changes)
- What she's taught me to do as a business owner to become more racially conscious, diverse and inclusive (and some of the exact changes I've made in the process).
- What the first steps to racial consciousness are (and how to begin)
- How to support your clients of color
And so much more.
It's a long interview and we covered quite a lot, but there's so much to our conversation and I cannot wait for you to hear it.
Listen to the Midlife CEO Podcast by clicking the play button on the audio player below.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- Free Gift: Take a B.R.E.A.T.H. – 6 Essentials for Dealing with the Difficulties of Dismantling Racism
- 6-Week Coaching Program: Dismantle Racism
- Connect with Rev. Dr. Terrlyn L. Curry Avery on her website and Facebook.
PS: If you'd like support with growing your coaching or client-based business, here are several ways I can help:
- Download The Ultimate Lead Generation Starter Guide, designed to help you get more leads and clients. Click here.
- Join the Midlife CEO Facebook Community and connect with other midlife women coaches scaling too. Click here.
- Work with me and my team to scale your coaching or client-based business to 6 or 7-figures. Click here.