Becoming Racially Conscious with Rev Dr. Terrlyn Curry Avery
June 18, 2021
A year ago, in my work to support women coaches and client-based business owners with the expansion of their wealth and leadership, I began questioning if I was doing enough both personally and professionally to be the leader I thought I was.
I always thought I was racially conscious, inclusive, and diverse, but when I started looking at my business and myself as a business owner, I realized that there was so much more work I could be doing.
As I had this awareness, I was struggling to figure out exactly where to start, what to change first, and who could lead me on this journey.
It turned out that I had the perfect woman in my life to guide me. A former client and a dear person who’d been subtly giving me guidance to become a more conscious, inclusive, and diverse leader.
Today I have the genuine pleasure of introducing you to Rev. Dr. Terrlyn L. Curry Avery, Pastologist, Spiritual Leader, Author and Speaker.
Some years ago she attended one of my live events. We worked together for over three years to grow, monetize and scale her business.
In this special interview we talk about:
- How and why she decided to invest in her business (during a time it may have felt risky to do so).
- How she grew and monetized her business (and what clicked when she made certain changes)
- What she’s taught me to do as a business owner to become more racially conscious, diverse and inclusive (and some of the exact changes I’ve made in the process).
- What the first steps to racial consciousness are (and how to begin)
- How to support your clients of color
And so much more.
It’s a long interview and we covered quite a lot, but there’s so much to our conversation and I cannot wait for you to hear it.
Listen to the Midlife CEO Podcast by clicking the play button on the audio player below.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- Free Gift: Take a B.R.E.A.T.H. – 6 Essentials for Dealing with the Difficulties of Dismantling Racism
- 6-Week Coaching Program: Dismantle Racism
- Connect with Rev. Dr. Terrlyn L. Curry Avery on her website and Facebook.
PS: If you’d like support with growing your coaching or client-based business, here are several ways I can help:
- Download The Ultimate Lead Generation Starter Guide, designed to help you get more leads and clients. Click here.
- Join the Midlife CEO Facebook Community and connect with other midlife women coaches scaling too. Click here.
- Work with me and my team to scale your coaching or client-based business to 6 or 7-figures. Click here.
Download the Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide
Discover how to get your most ideal leads from speaking
Want to make more money in your business?
- Here’s how I can help -
Attract more clients, fill your funnel and get more ideal clients to your Discovery Calls so you can sell your coaching programs and offers in this private coaching program that includes modules, templates and guides.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want to use speaking to attract ideal clients through live and virtual stages.
This 12-month program helps you create recurring revenue business models, transformational offers, a one-to-many marketing system and simplified sales systems to monetize and scale your business and break into multiple 6 figures and beyond.
Ideal for growing and advancing online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want a streamlined approach to attract, convert and scale.
Work with Jeannie in her private 90 day coaching program to design or refine your next offer, develop your sales system to sell and fill your your offer, coaching program or mastermind with ease.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want private coaching to help you launch, sell and enroll clients into your next offer.