6 Pointers for Your Business Headshot
March 6, 2013
Every business needs to have a professional photo done at one time or another. As a business owner, especially with a service-based business, you’ll want to have a photo done that represents you and your brand.
Frequently newer business owners use amateur photos for their headshot but I caution against this because you’ll be surprised how much of a turn off it is to future clients and other businesses. If you want your business to be taken seriously then you need to have it reflect total professionalism and that includes having a professional headshot done.
Getting your headshots done doesn’t have to break the bank. You can get even get them done at your local photo studio at the mall if your’e trying to be conservative.
Regardless, it’s important to get one done.
Before you even sit down for the photo shoot here are some simple pointers you should know:
- Consult with a branding or image consultant – you should know what to wear, what looks good on you and what will look good in a photo.
- Find a reputable photo studio and schedule a session – who do you know who is a professional photographer? Can you go to your local mall and book a session? Remember, when you’re just starting out you don’t have to break the bank but you do want a photo done by someone who knows what they’re doing.
- Schedule a hair appointment – if you can’t do your hair yourself, then I recommend making a hair appointment to have it blown out or professionally styled. That is of course if that’s part of your brand.
- Get your makeup done (or do it yourself) – your makeup is the same as your hair. You’ll be sitting under bright lights so tell the makeup artist that you’ll be getting your photo done and they’ll know what to do for your photo.
- Get plenty of sleep the night before – the last thing you want are wrinkles under your eyes. Get a good night sleep so your eyes are fresh and bright.
- Don’t eat puffy foods – I recommend staying away from alcohol, sugar and cheese the night before your photo shoot. Also, any foods that you have a sensitivity to make sure you avoid these for a few days before.
Those are some of my basic tips for prepping for your headshot. Remember, it doesn’t have to be expensive but it does need to get done.
What are your suggestions? Any tips or pointers I may have missed? What do you think about when you meet someone in person and their photo doesn’t match who they are? Have you ever noticed when someone uses an outdated photo? Not cool, right?
Download the Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide
Discover how to get your most ideal leads from speaking
Want to make more money in your business?
- Here’s how I can help -
Attract more clients, fill your funnel and get more ideal clients into Discovery Calls so you can sell your coaching programs and offers in this self-paced program that includes modules, templates and guides.
Ideal for coaches and service providers who want to attract ideal clients through live and virtual stages.
This 12-month program helps you design a profitable business model, desirable offers, ease-filled sales systems, and marketing strategies to break into 6 and 7-figures.
Ideal for advancing coaches and service providers who want a streamlined approach to market, sell and scale.
Work with Jeannie in her private 90 day coaching program to design and develop your speaking sales system to sell and fill your offers, coaching programs or masterminds with ease.
Ideal for coaches and service providers who want to create their signature talk, masterclass or workshop.