5 Steps to Writing a Sales Page That Sells
September 26, 2013
Ah, it’s the dreaded sales page.
Even the title of this article can send shivers up the spine of most entrepreneurs.
But mastering writing your own sales pages is one of the best things you can do for your business.
Where do I start? What do I do?
Questions I’m usually asked by my clients who want to sell their online courses, services and programs.
The answer…break down an effective sales page.
Here’s the simple way to writing a sales pages that sells:
- Examine the experts – you need to research sales pages of experts in and out of your field. Simply study how they’re written and examine how they work on you. Ask yourself if you’d be apt to buy, if so then you’re on an effective sales page.
- Swipe ‘em – not copy them but model ones that work. I tend to have a folder called my “swipe folder” in my email. It’s storing all of the examples of sales pages that I like to model.
- Practice writing them – I’m not a gifted writer but the more I write the better I get. It’s the same with sales pages. The next time you write a sales page I recommend that you give yourself ample time before the deadline. This way you can read your copy multiple times and make changes well before it’s due. Believe me, in the beginning you’ll need that time.
- Use images and video – your sales pages should have the text broken up with images that correspond to your text and message. Find ones that are visually appealing. It’s also effective to use video in your sales page. Post the video at the top of the page and keep it limited in length.
- Sprinkle Testimonials – break up your sales page with testimonials from clients and customers. Try to find an even mix and sprinkle them throughout the sales page.
Writing a sales page will be slightly hair pulling for you the first few times but once you get the hang of it you’ll find a flow and may even enjoy the process.
If you have no patience or ability then you may want to hire someone to teach you or to write them for you.
Whichever you decide, you do need to know that this is one important element to your online business mastery.
What other questions do you have about how to write a sales page?
Let me know on the comments on my blog here.
I’m Jeannie Spiro, business coach and strategist for woman coaches and service-providers. Want to make more money in your business? Here’s how I can help.
Download the Ultimate Speaking Lead Generation Starter Guide
Discover how to get your most ideal leads from speaking
Want to make more money in your business?
- Here’s how I can help -
Monetize the Stage™: The Signature Talk Lead Generation Program
Attract more clients, fill your funnel and get more ideal clients to your Discovery Calls so you can sell your coaching programs and offers in this private coaching program that includes modules, templates and guides.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want to use speaking to attract ideal clients through live and virtual stages.
Revenue Makers Mastermind The Money Multiplying & Business Scaling Program
This 12-month program helps you create recurring revenue business models, transformational offers, a one-to-many marketing system and simplified sales systems to monetize and scale your business and break into multiple 6 figures and beyond.
Ideal for growing and advancing online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want a streamlined approach to attract, convert and scale.
Sales Strategy with Jeannie: 90-Day Private Sales Accelerator Program
Work with Jeannie in her private 90 day coaching program to design or refine your next offer, develop your speaking funnel and sales system to sell and fill your your offer, coaching program or mastermind with ease.
Ideal for online coaches, strategists and service based business owners who want private coaching to help you launch, sell and enroll clients into your next offer.