So you’re thinking about hosting a live event? Good for you!
Over the years of hosted dozens of events to help me grow my coaching business. Today I’d like to share a few pointers to help you with how to fill your first or next live event or workshop.
Before you start, we need to cover a few basics first…
Start with Why…
Before you begin filling your event, you need to think about why you’re going to have your event. What’s the purpose? Is it to fill a program? To get more clients? To launch something new?
The most important thing you need to think about before you put any seats in your room is what’s the purpose of your event? Take a moment and decide that right now. Why are you going to host your event? What purpose does it serve in your business right now?
Start with Who…
After you’ve determined your event purpose, you then decide who you want in the room. Before you start writing your event sales page or start inviting anyone to your event, you must have a clear idea of who you want at your event.
Now I’ll give you a hint here. Most experts will tell you to get any warm body in the room. That’s absolutely the worst advice I could give you. It’s not about volume it’s about quality.
Think about it for a moment, if you could have 20 ideal clients in the room vs. 200 non buyers, which would you want?
The reason I’ve had such success with my events.…in that they’ve been both fun and highly profitable (as in they’ve filled my Revenue Makers Mastermind program and allowed me to generate multiple 6-figures) is because I’ve been very conscious of how I fill my events.
Before every event I make a conscious decision about who my event is for. Who is my event ideally suited for. Then I begin working on filling my event.
Start with What…
Once I know why I’m hosting my event and who I’ll be inviting to attend, I can then decide what I’ll be covering for content at my event.
Here’s how The Scale to Six(TM) Event came to life…
- My WHY...I’ve grown a multiple 6-figure coaching business and teach others to do the same. This year I wanted to share the strategies and methods that have helped me and my clients achieve these types of results.
- My WHO…this was simple. I work with coaches, healers, strategists, catalysts and change makers who have a big purpose and want to make more money.
- My WHAT…are the very steps it took me to achieve a 6-figure business in less than a year. That’s the content I’ll be teaching at The Scale to Six(TM) Event.
So before you start trying to figure out what you’re going to do for your workshop or live event, start with the basics. Once you’ve got that down then you’re ready to learn how to fill it.
And as luck would have it…I’m going to teach you how to do just that, plus how to use workshops and events to fill your programs and grow your business. It’s all happening at The Scale to Six(TM) Event. Seats are limited. Grab yours today here.
Are you thinking about hosting a workshop or live event? What would you like to know about how to make it profitable?
Latest posts by Jeannie Spiro (see all)
- From Writer to Transformational Speaker and Workshop Leader - December 6, 2018
- 3 Easy Ways to Build Your List without Facebook Ads - November 16, 2018
- The ONE Piece of Advice I Wish I’d Listened to When I First Started My Coaching Business - November 7, 2018