What if I told you that you didn’t need Facebook Ads to grow your mailing list? What if I told you that you didn’t need them to grow your business?
Would you feel an automatic sense of relief?
That’s what I tell all of my clients who are in the emerging stage of their business who simply want more clients.
Don’t worry about Facebook Ads.
Let’s be clear- if your goal is to ONLY grow your business online then you will need a list and if you’re selling a course or product, using Facebook Ads will eventually be the route you’ll want to go).
But if you’re like many coaches, healers and service-based business owners who simply need more clients right now, stop worrying about using Facebook Ads – there are easier and faster alternatives to grow your list for the stage of business you’re in right now.
Keep in mind that I’m not trying to tell you that you shouldn’t eventually use them – but before you jump in with both feet, you have to consider a few things:
- What’s your goal right now? Do you need clients? Don’t assume that Facebook Ads will be a faster and easier way to more leads. It takes time, effort and money to use Facebook Ads and if you don’t have someone helping you to run them (and don’t know how to do them yourself – don’t try it until you have an expert or have training).
- Your Facebook account can be shut down if you don’t know what you’re doing when running Ads. It’s common knowledge that Facebook has very strict posting policies for running Ads. They can and have deleted Facebook accounts that have run Ads that have violated their policies. It’s a lot to risk if you’re using Facebook as a way to market your business. Investing in someone to help you run your Ads can run into the multiple $1,000’s per month (never mind the cost of the Ads).
- There was a time before Facebook Ads existed (and business owners got clients without them). Facebook Ads have only been in existence for a few years. Before that business owners used other strategies to get clients. Those strategies are still highly effective today.
So what are those strategies?
I’ve grown a multiple 6-figure coaching business by barely using Facebook Ads. Additionally I’ve grown a sizable list without them as well.
At my stage of business as I’m expanding into offering more online services, I’m now at the point of starting to use Facebook Ads more regularly. However up until now – I’ve done the following things to grow my list (and you can too).
- Get leads when you speak – every time you speak make sure to create a permission based sign up sheet to register your audience for your mailing list.
- Joint Venture webinars – when I first started out I did a lot of webinars where I shared my training with others who could benefit from hearing about my topic. I found collaborative partners and shared my webinar with their list (and did the same for them). Our lists then opted in to the others.
- Speak on podcasts– a great way to build your list is to turn your Signature Talk into an interview and start speaking on podcasts – then you’ll make an offer for them to get your free gift so they’ll join your mailing list.
These are just a few ways that you can start building your mailing list without Facebook Ads.
But remember, if you want and need more clients quickly – the best way to do it is to start speaking. Then once you’ve moved into the next stage of your business growth and want to create an online course or product – then you can start thinking about adding Facebook Ads into your lead generation strategy.
That’s it! Make it simple on yourself and remember that growing your business doesn’t have to be complicated. Keep focusing on the tasks you need to work on for your stage of business and you’ll grow faster.
Have more ideas you can build your list without using Ads? Feel free to share them below.
And if you’re looking for support with growing your business to 6-figures and beyond? Schedule a complimentary chat with Jeannie and we’ll lay out a plan for you to get there.